According to the latest Cyber Security Breaches Survey, a quantitative-qualitative survey carried out by the UK Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, 32% of businesses have faced breaches or attacks in the last 12 months.
The most common types are:
- phishing attacks (80%)
- others impersonating an organisation in emails or online (28%)
- viruses, spyware or malware, including ransomware attacks (27%).
Other interesting resources and official statistics on cyber security can be found on the Gov.uk website.
Below is a list of widespread or emerging types of cyber risk:
- Wi-Fi Hotspots
- System Failure and Networks
- Data Breaches
- Malware and Malicious Software
- Cloud Computing
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDos)
- Intellectual Property
- Internet of Things [IoT]